Before you read anything, please remember these:
1. I'm nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am PERFECT :D
2. If you find anything wrong with my blog, please refer to #1...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The English Patient: The Connection

Altruism, a predominant theme in The English Patient, is closely related to my life. In the novel, Hana nurses her patient carefully and asks nothing in return. Her altruism is just like my care for the animals. Since grade 10, I have been attempting to raise animal conservation awareness in BC through social media, online advertisement, and local newspapers. What I am doing for the animals is similar to what Hana does in that we both do not ask anything in return. The novel confirms my belief in the animal rights movement and encourages me to keep up with what I am doing.

5 comments:

  1. I feel that in our society these days many people do a favor for you only waiting to see what will you give in return which is unfortunate but with I hope that one day we realize that its the care and love that we offer someone. That's a very supportive and encouraging job to do ! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like we've both learned a lot from this inquiry project :D The meager amount of altruism that exists in our society is something to be sure of. That's why we need to encourage people to care for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exactly do you do in "Uhill Animal Savers"? That was the first thing that I saw on the side. I would like to know because I love animals too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that you are doing something that you believe in and for a good cause! Maybe this awareness just like the novel would grow and expand into something maybe even global! Keep that good work up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eunsol We fundraise for animal institutions and create general animal saving awareness. We hang posters in the community centers and organize activities that allow people to know the animals better.

    ReplyDelete