Before you read anything, please remember these:
1. I'm nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am PERFECT :D
2. If you find anything wrong with my blog, please refer to #1...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The English Patient: Love VS Friendship

When I am reading The English Patient, this question keeps popping out of my head, "What is the difference between love and friendship?" Hana takes care of the English patient, yet she cannot distinguish her feelings toward him clearly. This makes me question some relationships in my life. Sometimes I mistaken friendship as love and take love as a friendship.
After thinking about the difference between them carefully, I came up with a method, or merely an idea, to vary the two. Imagine that you are alone in a dark house. You cannot get out but can let one person in to accompany you. The person who comes into your mind immediately is exactly your love.
Hope this will provide you with some thoughts. Comment if you have your own way of distinguishing love and friendship.

4 comments:

  1. how about this: maybe it's not about love or friendship?
    Can it be about duty? of responsibility? Could her motive be due to some sense of wish for self-injury or punishment because of her situation (losing the father of her baby and then losing the baby through abortion)? hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a lot of urban media dramas, movies, and even kids shows there seems to be a conflict of person VS Himself. The choice of choosing the things that one's friend says and the choice of something that one's lover says. In TV or Movies it seems what ever choice the protagonist or any character takes seems to be the right one which I think is absurd. What do you think Martin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woh I tried closing my eyes and I see nobody... is that bad news for kevin? LOL -Kristie

    ReplyDelete