Before you read anything, please remember these:
1. I'm nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am PERFECT :D
2. If you find anything wrong with my blog, please refer to #1...

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reflection #8: learnings

Finally completed reading The English Patient, I gradually understood the theme that Ondaatje tries to convey. With Hana's altruism, he advises us to care for the people around us. The love of Hana to her father, from Almasy to Katherine, and between Kit and Hana are perfect embodiment of the theme of love which is one of the story's main ideas. Also, the hopefulness Hana has to the patient exemplifies an attitude which the author wants us to adopt. Overall, this novel evokes really deep thinking from the readers and contains much useful information and knowledge which can be applied to our daily life.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, hopefulness encourages people to not give up no matter under what type of condition. People who have dreams will never stop striving for their dreams, because the hope in their minds motivates them to make more efforts for their goals. I think that’s the idea that the author expects us to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. After reading the book, I find myself having a stronger will in my everyday life. I began to be more persistent in my pursuit and more eager to start new activities.

    ReplyDelete